Stena Line Ltd has absolute discretion to accept or refuse any passenger, their vehicle, their pets or their luggage on board.
We will not accept bookings with pets that are:
• Presented on the day of departure
• For pets not holding a valid EU Pet Passport or Veterinary Certificate certifying microchip identification (or pre 3rd July 2011 readable tattoo)
• For pets other than Cats, Dogs and Ferrets
• For unaccompanied pets
• For those travelling by motorcycle or bicycle.
If a return booking is made Ireland to France, a return booking must be made for the pet. If a pet is not returning it will be necessary to provide evidence of this or the pet and passenger may be refused travel.
Passengers travelling with pets must check in at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure time, otherwise travel will be refused.
Access to pets on board is at the discretion of the crew. Arrangements to visit a pet can be made at Guest Services. Visits are dependent on the availability of a crew member to escort the passenger and on weather conditions.
If a dog is required to be muzzled by Irish/French legislation and is not muzzled, the dog and its owner will be refused travel.
Foot passengers may only travel with their pet(s) if they have pre-booked a kennel(s) in advance of sailing. Pets are prohibited from travelling with foot passengers where kennels are not pre-booked. Kennels are allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
While travelling with a pet with Stena Line Ltd you have a choice of leaving your pet in two places while the ship sails:
• Your own vehicle
• Allocated kennels onboard
Pets are not allowed into any of the passenger decks on the vessel at any time (with the exception of guide dogs).
Procedure to obtain a kennel on board for your pet:
1. Drive your vehicle to the deck in which you are directed;
2. Leave your pet in your vehicle and go to Guest Services stating that you have a pet and that you need a kennel. You will be allocated a kennel (subject to availability)
Kennels are located in two places:
• Car deck (on deck 5)
• Deck 4
3. A member of the crew will take you to the kennel.
If you wish to leave your pet in the vehicle, simply leave the pet there while sailing with windows open slightly for ventilation.
Owners are responsible for providing food to their pets. Water will be made available on board.